Guidelines for Submitting Content
All content submitted to the FinDev Gateway is subject to review by the FinDev editorial team before publishing. The following guidelines are provided to help users prepare their submissions and understand the primary criteria used for publishing content on the FinDev Gateway.
Guidelines for All Content Types (Publications, News, Events, Jobs)
1. Subject matter: The content must relate to financial services for the poor, microfinance, and/or financial inclusion. Review our list of Topics for further information on topics that are included on the FinDev Gateway.
Submissions should be considered relevant and of interest to FinDev Gateway users, including but not limited to:
- Financial service providers in developing countries (banks, MFIs, credit unions, savings groups, etc.);
- Technical assistance groups working with financial service providers;
- Stakeholders from the ecosystem of related industries such as mobile network operators, technology companies, payments networks, credit bureaus, etc.
2. Language: FinDev Gateway publishes content in four languages: English, French, Spanish and Arabic. FinDev Gateway does not translate content. If an organization has a piece of content in more than one language, it needs to be submitted separately in order to display in both/all languages.
- Submit content in English
- Soumettre du contenu en français
- Envíe contenido en español
- شارك بمحتوى
3. Diversity of content: FinDev Gateway strives to present a diverse array of viewpoints, organizations and geographies.
Guidelines for Publications
In addition to the general guidelines above for all FinDev Gateway content, the following criteria also apply to publication submissions:
1. Source: FinDev Gateway accepts original works from both organizations and individuals. Documents submitted by individuals, including students, are subject to the following criteria:
- Must include a short bio of the author - in the document - in a format that allows the reader to easily assess the author’s qualifications.
- Citations and references must be included.
- Subject to review by plagiarism detection software. FinDev Gateway follows strict rules on plagiarism and reserves the right to reject a document that might be disputed on grounds of plagiarism.
Note that FinDev Gateway invites only PhD level thesis papers. We do not accept master’s level papers. If we are not sure about the authenticity, we may request a university contact, such as the thesis advisor, to verify a student’s affiliation and that the content is original.
2. Format: Publications must be professional in appearance and free of grammar and typing errors. We suggest a font size of 10-12, spaces between paragraphs, and encourage the use of sub-headings to make the content reader-friendly. If an individual submits a publication that does not meet these standards, we will reject the publication, let you know why it was rejected and allow you to submit an updated version.
3. Type of publication: As a public good, FinDev Gateway only posts content that is available for free. We accept a wide range of document types including: books (available for free), case studies, guides, operational tools and manuals, papers, toolkits, and web publications.
We do not publish:
- Annual reports
- Blog posts
- Draft papers which are not presented as a final product
- News articles
- Newsletters or bulletins
How To Submit Content
Choose the type of content you wish to submit, and fill out the form to send us your content: